What Are the Kia Optima MPG Ratings for 2020?
The 2020 Kia Optima has been optimized to provide an even more efficient performance, and Ypsilanti drivers are taking notice. For the new year, the Kia Optima fuel economy lets you enjoy up to 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway*.
That’s a notable improvement over the 2019 model, but if you want to minimize fuel consumption on your daily drives and commutes, you’ll need to know which engines and features offer the most impressive capabilities. LaFontaine Kia has you covered.
Kia Optima MPG Ratings by Trim Level
- The Kia Optima LX comes standard with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine, offering 185 hp. With this configuration, you’ll get 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway.*
- The Kia Optima S carries the same engine, but with 18-inch wheels and a heavier curb weight, this sporty trim gets 24 mpg city and 32 mpg highway.*
- The Kia Optima EX and EX-Premium trims both receive a 1.6-liter 4-Cylinder engine with a turbocharger, offering 178 hp. These are the most efficient trims, with 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway.*
- The range-topping Kia Optima SX includes a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with a turbocharger, and gives you access to 245 hp. In exchange for the added power, you’ll get 21 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.*
Each model comes equipped with an 18.5-gallon fuel tank, so no matter which build you choose, you’ll have no trouble cutting down on pit stops.
Kia Optima Efficiency Features
A great engine lineup isn’t the only factor that separates the new Kia Optima from the pack! If you’re interested in the new Kia Optima mpg ratings, you’ll also want to take a closer look at the following standard and available features:
- Why does the Kia Optima EX deliver such impressive performance? While most Optima models include a 6-speed automatic transmission with Shiftmatic®, EX and EX Premium builds include a 7-speed dual clutch transmission.
- Most drivers know that cruise control can reduce waste by eliminating unnecessary acceleration and braking. For this year, the Optima offers Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go, which can help you commute more efficiently, even in heavy traffic.
- Did you know that the Kia Optima is available in two even greener configurations? The 2020 model is being offered as a Hybrid with up to 42 mpg*, and as a Plug-In Hybrid with up to 101 MPGe*. With an electric motor, it’s easy to push your Kia Optima mpg ratings even higher.
Test Drive Your New Kia Optima Today!
Are you ready to experience the Kia Optima fuel economy for yourself? Check out our new Optima inventory and contact us to schedule a test drive today. Just make sure to check out our new vehicle monthly specials and the Kia Optima colors before you do!
More About Kia Model Features
Keeping up with your Kia Optima maintenance schedule is vital for long-lasting performance and driving confidence. Receiving regular oil changes, tire rotations, and coolant flushes will make all the difference in your daily Ypsilanti drive, so stay on top of your appointments and work with your local experts at LaFontaine Kia. Service Department Schedule Service Kia…
With a 7-inch touchscreen and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay® fully integrated, Ypsilanti drivers will love the connectivity and convenience found in the Kia Sorento interior. The 73 cubic feet of cargo space available within the Kia Sorento offers the flexibility Dexter drivers need to take on any adventure! Explore the Kia Sorento cargo space…
The 2020 Kia Optima colors are giving Ypsilanti drivers even more reasons to get excited about this one-of-a-kind sedan. Although it’s just as practical and as efficient as ever, it’s also stylish enough to turn heads wherever it goes. Take an in-depth look at the Kia Optima paint colors and interior trimmings below! Then, visit…
As its newest model year hits our lot in Ypsilanti, our past and potential customers are curious to know the 2020 Kia Telluride price points. With the base model starting at $31,690 MSRP, you’ll have plenty of room to upgrade. Are you ready to experience the impressive performance and technological capabilities of this all-star SUV?…
The 2020 Kia Optima has been optimized to provide an even more efficient performance, and Ypsilanti drivers are taking notice. For the new year, the Kia Optima fuel economy lets you enjoy up to 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway*. That’s a notable improvement over the 2019 model, but if you want to minimize…
*Based on 2019 EPA estimates.